Ishita Thukral , her career progress and her job at PWC
Strategic Sourcing Analyst at TE Connectivity| Supply chain- Advanced Procurement|Hybrid electric mobility solutions |Michigan state university MBA 2018
Ciudad Obregón Area, Mexico500+ connections
have close to 4 years of work experience in Product cost management and New model cost management in Maruti Suzuki, the largest automotive firm in India. Every day at Maruti was a true learning experience wherein I worked in diverse roles such as managing and analyzing profitability and product cost of a new commercial model venture , performing target costing, of seats, plastics,rubber parts leading to cost savings , day in day out interactions with suppliers for negotiations and cost settlement of components.
My colleagues tend to see me as person who has an ability of going into details to provide solutions which is visible by my accomplishment of doing target costing of automotive seat and setting costing norms for future applications. This led to savings of $2.1 M for the new model in the beginning of my career at Maruti.
This resulted in a culmination of events wherein I was given varied responsibilities right from New Model Cost Management, to being part of teams for negotiations and cost settlements with suppliers, to creating training programs for new hires at Maruti. My sincere contribution at Maruti led to 5 year (product life cycle) savings of $90 M for 6 new model ventures.
I am known to be a person with exemplary leadership,teamwork qualities. My hard work and sincerity has been appreciated time and again by senior management.
Also,my short stint of internship at General Motors actually enabled me to explore my leadership abilities. The proposals that I presented were readily implemented.
- Strategic Sourcing Analyst- Advanced procurement -Hybrid electric mobility solutionsTE ConnectivityJul 2018 – Present2 yearsGreensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area
- Senior Associate InternPwCJun 2017 – Aug 20173 monthsGreater Chicago Area
- Project ManagerMulticultural MBA associationSep 2016 – Mar 20177 monthsBroad college of Business, East lansing, MI
- Assistant ManagerMaruti Suzuki India LimitedDec 2012 – Jul 20163 years 8 monthsGurgaon, IndiaProduct Cost management
- Graduate Engineering TraineeMaruti Suzuki India Ltd.Aug 2012 – Dec 20125 monthsGurgaon, IndiaTool Design and machining
- Summer InternGENERAL MOTORS TECHNICAL CENTRE INDIA PRIVATE LIMITEDJul 2011 – Aug 20112 monthsGujarat, IndiaProduction Engineering
- Michigan State University – The Eli Broad College of BusinessMichigan State University – The Eli Broad College of BusinessMaster of Business Administration (MBA)Supply chain and Finance3.842016 – 2018
- Harcourt Butler Technological Institute KanpurBachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)Mechanical Engineering2008 – 2012